Article 1: Website presentation
This legal notice dictates the rules regarding how the website www. choiseul-africa-businessforum.com should be operated and used. Accessing and browsing the website serves as an unreserved approval of these conditions.
These conditions of use may be amended at any time. Please be aware of this and return to them regularly.
The website www.choiseul-africa-businessforum.com is edited by Institut Choiseul, a non-profit organization (French Law 1901), head office: 12 rue Auber, 75009 Paris, France.
Phone: +33 (0)1 53 34 09 93
Fax: +33 (0)1 53 34 09 94
Chairman of the Board: Pascal Lorot
Director of Publication: Pascal Lorot
Head of communications: Adrien Deveaux
Referred to hereafter as “The Publisher”,
Creation: Ouicoding – 34 Rue Pierre Semard, 75009 Paris, France
The website runs with CMS WordPress.
Article 2: Hosting
The website www.choiseul-africa-businessforum.com is hosted by OVH,
SAS (joint-stock company) with a capital of 10,069,020€
Registered at the RCS Lille Métropole 424 761 419 00045
APE Code 2620Z
VAT number: FR 22 424 761 419
Head office: 2 rue Kellermann – 59100 Roubaix – France Director of Publication: Octave KLABA
President: Henryk KLABA
Article 3: Service description
The purpose of www.choiseul-africa-businessforum.com is to organize an international event between European, French and African personalities and to broadcast information relating to France and Africa. Thus, the website may also offer a variety of range of content, including news, rankings and transcripts of other international events.
Article 4: The Publisher’s frame of responsibility
The Publisher endeavours to provide the website with information as accurate as possible. However, the Publisher shall not be held accountable for any omissions, inexact statements or insufficiencies that may occur with the website updates, whether they be on the Publisher’s act, or imputable to the Publisher’s partners that supplied the information.
All the information stated on www.choiseul-africa-businessforum.com is indicative and susceptible to change. It is the reader’s responsibility to check the relevance and accuracy of said information.
The publisher shall not be held accountable for any information broadcast on the website from an external link, provided that this piece of information is amended on the original website after the link is added to www.choiseul-africa-businessforum.com, unless the error is reported to the Publisher and no action is taken by the Publisher to promptly remove the disputed content.
Such an error shall always be reported via the website contact form or at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and shall mention:
– the date of notification;
– in the case of an individual: your name(s), surname(s), profession, place of residence, nationality, date and place of birth. In the case of a company: the kind, name, head office and legal body representing the company;
– the name “Institut Choiseul”, and our head office address as object of the correspondence;
– a description of the disputed facts and their precise location;
– the reasons justifying the content removal, mentioning the appropriate legal dispositions and the correct facts;
– a copy of the correspondence requiring the interruption, removal or modification of the disputed information or activity, addressed to their author or publisher, or justification that they could not be contacted.
However, in accordance with article 6 of Law n°2004-575 of June 21st, 2004 surrounding trust in the digital economy, the Internet user shan’t ignore that “the fact, for anyone, to present the parties mentioned in 2., content or an activity as illicit as to cause its removal or stop its broadcasting, all the while being aware that this information is incorrect, is punishable by one year imprisonment and a 15,000€ fine.”
The Publisher shan’t be held accountable for:
1. Any material damage resulting from the website use. Furthermore, the website user accepts to access the website using recent, virus-free hardware and an up-to-date browser.
2. Malfunctions in the Internet network, phone lines or computer and phone hardware, in connexion with, for instance, a crowded network impeding access to the server.
3. Direct or indirect damage to the user’s hardware occurring upon connexion to www.choiseul-africa-businessforum.com and resulting from either inadequate material (as detailed in Point 1.), or the occurrence of a bug or incompatibility.
4. Indirect damage, including failed opportunities or the loss of market shares resulting from accessing: www.choiseul-africa-businessforum.com.
Article 5: Crediting – Photographs
Photo credit: City of Nice: Pexels Réception
Choiseul Africa Summit: Adrien Thibault.
Choiseul Africa Business Forum: Elisabeth Rossolin
Article 6: Intellectual property
This website, its general structure and different elements composing it (texts, images, drawings, graphic designs, phonograms, video content) are deemed original and thus, unless otherwise mentioned, the exclusive property of Institut Choiseul. These elements are covered by copyright and neighbouring rights, in application of articles L111-1 et seq. of the French Intellectual Property Code.
All reproduction, representation, modification, publication, adaptation of an element of the website, whether it be in its entirety or in part, by any means, is forbidden, except in the event of a prior written agreement issued by Institut Choiseul. Private use only is allowed, subject to more restrictive provisions from the French Intellectual Property Code.
Any breach to this provision will constitute counterfeit and be sued in accordance with the provisions of articles L.335-2 et seq. of the French Intellectual Property Code.
The publisher reserves the right to delete, without previous formal notice, any content found on the website, that they are aware of, that would infringe the governing law of France, especially concerning data protection, on any given medium, without it being possible for the user to cite their intellectual property or freedom of speech rights.
Article 7: Governing law and place of jurisdiction
Any dispute concerning the use of www.choiseul-africa-businessforum.com is subject to French law. Exclusive jurisdiction is given to the courts of law of the city of Paris, France.
The user is aware of the contents of Law n° 78-87 of January 6th, 1978, and its following modifications, including Law n° 2004-801 of August 6th, 2004 and n°2018-493 of June 20th, 2018, concerning computer science, files and freedom, as well as Law n° 2004-575 of June 21st, 2004 concerning trust in the digital economy. The notion of “personal data” is defined in article 4 of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2016/679): any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person directly or indirectly: name, IP address, email address…
Article 1: Personal data protection
The information and personal data communicated by you while browsing the website is not accessible to users other than the Publisher, its subsidiaries, and subcontractors, for the purposes described in this convention only.
The manager of personal data processing is: Pascal Lorot, legal representative of the Institut Choiseul, non-profit organization (French Law 1901).
As manager of the collected data processing, the Publisher commits to complying with the framework of the legal dispositions in effect, including deciding on a purpose for the processed data, to present the users, upon their consent to data collection, with complete information as how their data will be processed and to keep a true to life register of the process.
The publisher commits to take any precaution necessary to ensure the correctness and relevance of every single piece of processed data, regarding the purpose they are being used for.
Article 2: Types of collected data
The publisher may collect the data indispensable to the website’s proper functioning and to processing the user requirements. This data will be kept for five (5) years. It includes:
– the user’s information (title, surname, name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, company name, company title, spoken language),
– job applications (civil state and contact information, curriculum vitae, skills and availability).
– their status (service provider, partner, potential client)
– the user’s Internet browser, their IP address, the third party service providers and URLs they have visited,
– the user’s contact information through our contact form.
The Publisher also collects information in order to improve customer experience:
– dates and number of visits,
– the specific pages that were visited and the time spent on them,
– emails and communications,
– calculated segmentation data (number of connections and publications, date of most recent connection)
– message and email opening data,
– cookies in particular, in order to monitor traffic on our website.
Article 3: Purpose of data collecting
The Publisher may process all or part of the data:
– to enable browsing on the website,
– to profiling ends. The collected data may be used for customer canvassing,
– to manage and respond to the users’ requests on the website, particularly requests for brochures, information, newsletters or meetings,
– as to adapt the route and content offered to the users,
– to customize our communication and carry out marketing or promotional campaigns,
– for the purposes of segmentation based on the history of actions taken on the website and browsing habits, as to send tailored communications,
– as to anticipate future behaviours,
– as to work out statistics and report on them,
– to manage our legal obligations,
– to manage complaints,
– to secure browsing and prevent fraud.
Article 4: Non-disclosure of personal data
The Publisher shall refrain from processing, hosting or transferring the information collected on the website users to a country acknowledged as “inadequate” by the European Commission without informing the client beforehand. Institut Choiseul remains free to choose its technical and commercial subcontractors, provided they showcase sufficient guarantees, in compliance with the standards of the General Data Protection Regulation.
The Publisher may entrust the users’ personal data with their subsidiaries and subcontractors, to fulfil the purpose of this policy only.
Article 5: Right to access, rectify and object
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, you may use your rights to access, rectify, delete, object, restrict, and rights of data portability where appropriate, when the information is inexact, incomplete, ambiguous, outdated or if its collection, use, communication or conservation is forbidden.
To that end, the user can write to Institut Choiseul with notice of delivery, at this address:
12 rue Auber,
So that the Publisher may process the request, the user shall indicate which personal data they wish to amend, update, delete, or have access through logging in with their precise name(s), surname(s), postal address, email address, as well as a copy of their identity card or passport.
The Publisher shall respond to requests to delete personal data in compliance with the law, especially in terms of document conservation and archiving.
Article 6: Complaints
In the event of a complaint, you can contact our DPO at this mail: email@example.com or by address:
Institut Choiseul 12 rue Auber
The users can also lodge a complaint with the CNIL.
Article 7: Cookie use
Institut Choiseul reserves the right to place “cookies” on your computer and access them in order to ensure the website’s proper functioning. A cookie is a small file, often anonymous, containing data, including a unique identification tag, transmitted from a website to your computer through a server and filed away on your computer’s hard drive.